The FMC170 is an analog-to-digital (A/D) and digital-to-analog (D/A) FMC daughter card that provides one 10-bit A/D channel at 5Gsps and one 10-bit D/A channel at 5Gsps.
The sample clock can be supplied externally or by an internal clock source (optionally locked to an external reference). The clock tree enables cascading of multiple boards for phase-locked sampling. A trigger input is also available for customized sampling control.
The FMC170 is mechanically and electrically compliant with the FMC standard (ANSI/VITA 57.1-2010). It features a high-pin count (HPC) connector and can be used in a conduction-cooled environment.
The low latency data path of the FMC170 enables 2.5GHz of instantaneous bandwidth in both the receive and transmit directions. The analog signal input and output are AC-coupled and connected to MMCX or SSMC coax connectors on the front panel.
The FMC170 allows flexible control of clock source, sampling frequency, and calibration through I2C communication. The ADC has individual calibration circuits for fine-tuning of gain, offset, and phase.
The card is also equipped with power supply and temperature monitoring and offers several power-down modes to switch off unused functions or protect the card from overheating.
The FMC170 is ideal for applications where limited space is available such as radar/sonar, wireless telecommunications, and aerospace test and measurement instruments.
Board Support Package
Our Board Support Package helps customers get their hardware implementation underway as quickly as possible by providing the Stellar IP FPGA development tool and the 4FM GUI user interface for controlling and monitoring the hardware, as well as other supporting elements.
- Game-Changing Technologies in Electronic Warfare
- A guide to multi-channel synchronization for MIMO systems
- Addressing the challenges of low latency video system requirements for embedded applications
- Electronic warfare: an introduction to low latency COTS solutions
- Hypersonic Flight Raises the Bar for Embedded Electronics
- Leveraging FPGAs for Evolving ISR Application Requirements.
- RFSoC for Radar and Electronic Warfare
- Selecting the Optimal DSP Solution for EW Applications
- Technologies for responding to rapid developments in cognitive RF and EW
Request a Quote
Contact an Expert