Abaco Systems’ RXMC-1553 is the latest generation of performance and flexibility for MIL-STD-1553A/B Notice II on a XMC.0 Mezzanine Card. With one or two dual-redundant channels, the RXMC-1553 includes advanced API (Application Programming Interface) software that reduces application development time.
Conductively cooled conformal coated versions available. Standard features include 1 Mbyte of RAM per channel, 64-bit, 25 nanosecond message timetagging, triggers, extensive BC & RT link-list structures, error injection/detection, IRIG-B signal Receiver/Generator, automatic/manual RT Status Bit and Mode Code responses, along with advanced BC functionality. Avionics low and high side discretes, RS-485 differential discretes, or programmable I/O are factory configurable options. The RXMC-1553 Bus Monitors provide unparalleled error detection and 100% monitoring of fully loaded buses.
RXMC-1553 multi-function interfaces are easily configured to operate with a simultaneous Bus Controller, up to 31 Remote Terminals, and Bus Monitor functionality.
Dual-function RXMC-1553 interfaces have all the features and functionality of the multi-function versions, but only two major operational modes are enabled at a time. The Bus Monitor function is enabled all the time and can be combined with either the Bus Controller function or 31 remote terminals.
The RXMC-1553 includes our advanced 1553 API in source code, along with support for Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10, Vista, XP, Server 2012 R1/R2, VxWorks, Linux, Integrity. Contact factory for additional operating system support. To access 1553 functionality without software development, Abaco Systems’ BusTools/1553 MIL-STD-1553 bus analysis, simulation and data logging/monitoring solution is available.
The Abaco Systems MIL-STD-1553 product line is significantly enhanced to meet the varying requirements of end users. The internal MIL-STD-1553 Local Processing Unit (LPU) has undergone a major update to improve and expand performance, functionality and modularity. The LPU version is 4.XX or 5.XX (V4/V5) on legacy firmware and version 6.XX (V6) on the new enhanced firmware. In addition to these LPU improvements, multiple other changes were added to enhance firmware and software modularity across multiple platforms.
V6 firmware is highly recommended for all new developments. Previous V4/V5 firmware has been deprecated and will no longer be actively developed but will continue to be supported. Any future 1553 product features or enhancements will only be developed for the V6 firmware.
Using V6 firmware will require updating to BusTools/1553-API version 8.x or later.
- XMC.3 (1xPCIe) host interface
- Simultaneous Bus Controller or 31 Remote Terminals and Bus Monitor
- High-level API for Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10, Vista, XP, Server 2012 R1/R2, Linux, integrity included. Contact factory for additional operating system support.
- Multi-function and dual-function version
- Rear P16 or Rear P14 or Front I/O available
- IRIG-B receiver/generator
- 64-bit, 25 ns time-tagging
- Complete message programmability
- Flexible message status/interrupt generation
- RoHS compliant
- AN-003 Oscilloscope 1553 App Note
- AN-005 Connecting 1553 App Note
- AN-007 1553A Protocol Applications
- AN-011 Using the BusTools/1553-API with Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003
- AN-012 Using the BusTools/1553-API with Microsoft Visual C++ 2005
- AN-013 Moving from SBS to Condor 1553 Products
- AN-020 Transitioning to UCA32 Firmware
- AN-15 BusTools/1553-API and Core API Software Comparison
Software & Drivers
- BusTools/1553-API Linux Installation 8.22
- BusTools/1553-API LynxOS 5 PowerPC Installation 8.22
- BusTools/1553-API QNX Installation 8.08
- BusTools/1553-API Solaris x86 Installation 6.44
- BusTools/1553-API Solaris x86 Installation 8.08
- BusTools/1553-API Windows and VxWorks Installation 6.44
- BusTools1553-API VxWorks Distribution v8.22
- CEI Probe v4.81
- BusTools/1553-API Integrity Installation Guide
- BusTools/1553-API Linux Installation Guide
- BusTools/1553-API LynxOS 5 PowerPC Support
- BusTools/1553-API QNX Installation Guide
- BusTools/1553-API Solaris Installation Guide
- BusTools1553-API Reference Manual
- BusTools1553-API User Manual
- BusTools1553-API VxWorks User Manual
- Linux Platform Support for avionics products
- MIL-STD-1553 Hardware Installation and Reference Manual
- Mil-Std-1553 UCA Reference Manual
- RXMC1553: RCONQPMC-2 Pin Assignments
- UCA32 Global Reg Ref Manual
- UCA32 LPU Reference Manual
Request a Quote
Contact an Expert