Abaco Systems EPMC-1553-8 is the first PMC (PCI Mezzanine Card) module to offer 8 dual redundant MIL-STD-1553B Notice II channels. Available in commercial, ruggedized and conductively cooled versions with eight dual-redundant channels, the EPMC-1553 includes advanced API (Application Programming Interface) software that reduces application development time.
Standard features include:
• Transformer coupling
• 128 Kbytes of RAM per channel
• 45-bit message time-tagging
• 8 bi-directional avionics-level discretes
• 8 bi-directional RS-485 differential discretes
• Support for 66 or 33 MHz PCI and PCI-X bus operation
• Automatic/manual RT Status Bit and Mode Code responses
• Programmable or hardwired RT address lines (with 1760 startup time and busy bit set) along with advanced BC functionality.
An optional IRIG-B signal Receiver/Generator and multiple configuration options is available.
1, 2 and 4 channels are no longer supported on the EPMC-1553 product family. For 1, 2 and 4 MIL-STD-1553B Notice II channels see product family QPM-1553.
All EPMC-1553-8 interfaces provide simultaneous Bus Controller, Remote Terminal(s) and Bus Monitoring functionality.
Single or 31 Remote Terminal Support
Configuration options for either single (-T) or 31 (-M) RTs are available.
The EPMC-1553-8 is provided with our advanced CORE-API software in easily portable source code, along with support for Windows XP (32 bit), 2000 and VxWorks. Contact factory for Linux or Integrity O/S support. Tools for MIL-STD-1553 bus analysis, simulation, and data logging/monitoring are available separately with the QPM-1553 card or QPCX-1553 card with BusTools GUI. The EPMC card does not support BusTools GUI.
- Carrier Card options available: PCI (-X), 3U cPCI (-3) and PCI Express (-U)
- CORE-API provided in source code with support for Windows and VxWorks
- Configuration options - either single RT or 31 RT
- All configurations are multi-function with simultaneous Bus Controller, Remote Terminal(s) and Bus Monitor
- 8 Independent MIL-STD-1553B Notice II dual-redundant channels