Abaco Systems RPCIE-1553 is the latest generation of performance and flexibility for MIL-STD-1553 A/B Notice II on a native PCI Express module. Available in -40°C to +70°C temperature with one, two or four dual-redundant channels, the RPCIE-1553 includes advanced API (Application Programming Interface) software that reduces application development time.
Standard features include IRIG-B signal Receiver/Generator, transformer coupling, 4 lane PCI Express support, 1 Mbyte of RAM per channel, 64-bit, 25 nanosecond message timetagging, triggers, extensive BC & RT link-list structures, error injection/detection, avionics level discretes, automatic/manual RT Status Bit and Mode Code responses, along with advanced BC functionality. Variable voltage output is optionally available. The RPCIE-1553 Bus Monitors provide unparalleled error detection and 100% monitoring of fully loaded buses.
The Abaco Systems MIL-STD-1553 product line is significantly enhanced to meet the varying requirements of end users. The internal MIL-STD-1553 Local Processing Unit (LPU) has undergone a major update to improve and expand performance, functionality and modularity. The LPU version is 4.XX or 5.XX (V4/V5) on legacy firmware and version 6.XX (V6) on the new enhanced firmware. In addition to these LPU improvements, multiple other changes were added to enhance firmware and software modularity across multiple platforms.
V6 firmware is highly recommended for all new developments. Previous V4/V5 firmware has been deprecated and will no longer be actively developed but will continue to be supported. Any future 1553 product features or enhancements will only be developed for the V6 firmware.
Using V6 firmware will require updating to BusTools/1553-API version 8.x or later.
RPCIE-1553 multi-function interfaces are easily configured to operate with simultaneous Bus Controller, 31 Remote Terminals and Bus Monitor functionality.
Dual-function RPCIE-1553 interfaces have all the features and functionality of the multi-function versions, with either Bus Monitor and Bus Controller, or Bus monitor and up to 31 Remote terminals.
Abaco Systems provides our advanced 1553 API in source code, along with support for Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 Vista, XP, Server 2012 R1/R2, VxWorks, Linux, LynxOS, QNX and other operating systems. To access 1553 functionality without software development, BusTools/1553, Abaco Systems MIL-STD-1553 bus analysis, simulation and data logging/monitoring solution is available.
- 1, 2 or 4 dual-redundant MIL-STD-1553A/B Notice II channels
- Native 4 lane PCI Express interface (no bridge)
- Simultaneous Bus Controller, 31 Remote Terminals and Bus Monitor
- High-level API for Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10, Vista, XP, Server 2012 R1/R2, VxWorks, Linux, LynxOS, QNX and Solaris included
- Multi-function and single-function versions
- Optional IRIG-B receiver/generator
- 64-bit, 25 ns message timetagging
- Complete message programmability
- Flexible message status/interrupt generation
- I/O triggering and error injection/detection
- Transition cabling to 1553 cable jacks included
- Optional conformal coating
- Supportable throughout program lifetime with Product Lifetime Management (PLM) program
- AN-003 Oscilloscope 1553 App Note
- AN-005 Connecting 1553 App Note
- AN-007 1553A Protocol Applications
- AN-011 Using the BusTools/1553-API with Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003
- AN-012 Using the BusTools/1553-API with Microsoft Visual C++ 2005
- AN-013 Moving from SBS to Abaco 1553 Products
- AN-020 Transitioning to UCA32 Firmware
- AN-15 BusTools/1553-API and Core API Software Comparison
- BusTools/1553-API Integrity Installation Guide
- BusTools/1553-API Linux Installation Guide v8.24
- BusTools/1553-API Linux Platform Support v8.24
- BusTools/1553-API QNX Installation Guide
- BusTools/1553-API Solaris Installation Guide
- BusTools1553-API Reference Manual
- BusTools1553-API User Manual
- BusTools1553-API VxWorks User Manual
- MIL-STD-1553 Hardware Installation and Reference Manual
- Mil-Std-1553 UCA Reference Manual
- UCA32 Global Reg Ref Manual
- UCA32 LPU Reference Manual
Software & Drivers
- BusTools/1553-API Linux Installation v8.24
- BusTools/1553-API QNX Installation 8.08
- BusTools/1553-API Solaris x86 Installation 6.44
- BusTools/1553-API Solaris x86 Installation 8.08
- BusTools/1553-API VxWorks Distribution v8.22A
- BusTools/1553-API Windows and VxWorks Installation 6.44
- BusTools/1553-API Windows Installation v8.24A
- CEI Probe v4.91
Request a Quote
Contact an Expert