The QCP-1553 provides new levels of performance and flexibility for MIL-STD-1553A/B Notice II in a 3U CompactPCI form factor. Available in commercial, ruggedized, and conductively cooled versions, with one, two or four dual-redundant channels, the QCP-1553 includes advanced API (Application Programming Interface) software that reduces application development time.
Standard features include selectable transformer or direct coupling, 1 Mbyte of RAM per channel, 64-bit, 25 nanosecond message time-tagging, triggers, extensive BC & RT link-list structures, error injection/detection, avionics-level discretes, automatic/manual RT Status Bit and Mode Code responses, along with advanced BC functionality.
The Abaco Systems MIL-STD-1553 product line is significantly enhanced to meet the varying requirements of end users. The internal MIL-STD-1553 Local Processing Unit (LPU) has undergone a major update to improve and expand performance, functionality and modularity.
The LPU version is 4.XX or 5.XX (V4/V5) on legacy firmware and version 6.XX (V6) on the new enhanced firmware. In addition to these LPU improvements, multiple other changes were added to enhance firmware and software modularity across multiple platforms.
V6 firmware is highly recommended for all new developments. Previous V4/V5 firmware has been deprecated and will no longer be actively developed but will continue to be supported. Any future 1553 product features or enhancements will only be developed for the V6 firmware.
Using V6 firmware will require updating to BusTools/1553-API version 8.x or later.
- Multi-function and single-function versions
- High-level API for Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10, Vista, XP, Server 2012 R1/R2, VxWorks, Linux included
- Simultaneous Bus Controller, 31 Remote Terminals and Bus Monitor
- 1, 2, or 4 dual-redundant MIL-STD-1553 A/B Notice II channels
- AN-003 Oscilloscope 1553 App Note
- AN-005 Connecting 1553 App Note
- AN-007 1553A Protocol Applications
- AN-011 Using the BusTools/1553-API with Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003
- AN-012 Using the BusTools/1553-API with Microsoft Visual C++ 2005
- AN-013 Moving from SBS to Abaco 1553 Products
- AN-014 Using the External RT Addressing
- AN-020 Transitioning to UCA32 Firmware
- AN-026 QCP to QPM Migration App Note
- Bustools/1553-API Release Notes 6.44
- AN-15 BusTools/1553-API and Core API Software Comparison
Software & Drivers
- BusTools/1553-API Example Code 1.0
- BusTools/1553-API Linux Installation v8.24
- BusTools/1553-API QNX Installation 6.44
- BusTools/1553-API QNX Installation 8.08
- BusTools/1553-API Solaris SPARC Installation 6.32
- BusTools/1553-API Solaris x86 Installation 6.44
- BusTools/1553-API Solaris x86 Installation 8.08
- BusTools/1553-API VxWorks Distribution v8.22A
- BusTools/1553-API Windows and VxWorks Installation 6.44
- BusTools/1553-API Windows Installation v8.24A
- CEI Probe v4.90
- JAMPlayer for QCP-1553 4.66
- BusTools/1553-API Integrity Installation Guide
- BusTools/1553-API Linux Installation Guide v8.24
- BusTools/1553-API Linux Platform Support v8.24
- BusTools/1553-API Solaris Installation Guide
- BusTools1553-API Reference Manual
- BusTools1553-API User Manual
- BusTools1553-API VxWorks User Manual
- MIL-STD-1553 Hardware Installation and Reference Manual
- Mil-Std-1553 UCA Reference Manual
- QCP-1553 Connector Pin Assignments for CONQPMC-4 Cable
- UCA32 Global Reg Ref Manual
- UCA32 LPU Reference Manual
Request a Quote
Contact an Expert