The FMC122 is a dual channel multi-mode A/D FMC, fully compliant with VITA 57.1 standards. The card provides two 8-bit ADC channels that enable simultaneous sampling of 2 or 1 channel with a maximum sample rate of 1.25 GSPS (2-channel mode) or 2.5 GSPS (1-channel mode).
The sample clock can be supplied externally through a coax connection or supplied by an internal clock source (optionally locked to an external reference). Additionally a trigger input for customized sampling control is available.
The FMC122 daughter card is mechanically and electrically compliant with the FMC standard as established by ANSI/VITA 57.1. It has a LPC (low pin count) compatible connector, front panel I/O, and can be used in a conduction cooled environment.
The design is based on the E2V Quad A/D EV8AQ160 chip-set having DDR LVDS outputs. The analog signal inputs are available on the front panel on coax connections and have individual calibration circuits for fine-tuning of gain, offset, and phase.
The FMC122 allows flexible control on clock source, sampling frequency, and calibration through the I2C serial communication bus. Further, the card is equipped with power supply and temperature monitoring and offers several power-down modes to switch off unused functions.
Board Support Package
Our Board Support Package helps customers get their hardware implementation underway as quickly as possible by providing reference designs, the Stellar IP FPGA development tool, and the 4FM GUI user interface for controlling and monitoring the hardware, as well as other supporting elements.
- A guide to multi-channel synchronization for MIMO systems
- Addressing the challenges of low latency video system requirements for embedded applications
- Creating Flexible Hardware Systems with FPGA Partial Reconfiguration
- Electronic warfare: an introduction to low latency COTS solutions
- Hypersonic Flight Raises the Bar for Embedded Electronics
- Leveraging FPGAs for Evolving ISR Application Requirements.
- RFSoC for Radar and Electronic Warfare
- Selecting the Optimal DSP Solution for EW Applications
- Technologies for responding to rapid developments in cognitive RF and EW
Request a Quote
Contact an Expert