The XVP14 Rugged dual slot Single Board Computer (SBC) from Abaco Systems features the high performance, highly integrated 2nd Generation Core i7 processor platform from Intel. 2nd Generation Core i7 offers integrated graphics and memory controller plus dual- or quad-core processing up to 2.5 GHz all in one device. Coupled with the Mobile Intel QM67 Express Chipset this provides an unmatched level of I/O bandwidth for both on-board and off-board functions. Its dual slot format allows an on board hard drive to be added without using up one of the mezzanine sites.
Features of the 2nd Gen. Core i7 processor
- Intel Intelligent Power Technology allows processors to operate at optimal frequency and power.
- Advanced Vector Extensions (AVX) signal processing - Intel's AVX doubles the vector register size from 128 to 256 bits for up to a 2x FLOP improvement
- Intelligent performance on-demand with Intel Turbo Boost Technology
- Multi-level shared cache improves performance and efficiency by reducing latency to frequently used data
- Hyper-Thread Technology – 2 threads per core
In addition to a comprehensive range of onboard I/O features, the XVP14 also offers two on-board mezzanine expansion sites for enhanced system flexibility. Memory resources include up to 16 GB DDR3 SDRAM, 8 GB NAND Flash, SATA hard drive, BIOS Flash and BIOS backup Flash. The XVP14 is designed to meet the requirements of a wide range of air cooled industrial and Defense and Aerospace applications, with extended temperature range offered as an option. A rich software choice is planned for the XVP14, including comprehensive Deployed Test Software (BIT and BCS) plus OS support for Windows 7, Open Linux, Wind River Linux, VxWorks.
- Dual Slot 6U VME SBC
- Intel 2nd Generation Core i7 processor; dual or quad-core
- Mobile Intel QM67 Express Chipset
- Up to 16 GB of DDR3 SDRAM w/ECC
- Up to 8 GB NAND Flash
- Dual on-baord Expansion sites (XMC/PMC)
- SATA HDD
- Air cooled
- Comprehensive Deployed Test Software
- Comprehensive OS support
- Download our Ruggedization Levels guide (available from the Downloads area)
VTM24A0MA with SATA drive - 6U x 80 mm Rear Transition Module (RTM) with DVI or VGA connector which can be used for monitor connection.
VTM24A10A - 6U x 80 mm Rear Transition Module (RTM) with DVI or VGA connector which can be used for monitor connection.