The VME-6500 is a 6U VME Multifunction I/O board that can deliver in a single chassis slot the analog and digital I/O capabilities that could previously have occupied four slots, and can therefore make a significant contribution to substantially enhance performance and functional density. A high density and versatile design it provides 8 analog inputs and outputs as well as 16 digital inputs and outputs, all in a single 6U double Euro form factor. Each analog input channels is equipped with a 16-bit ADC and each analog output channel with a 16-bit DAC. In addition to providing different types of inputs and outputs VME-6500 extends an incredible flexibility of use, by facilitating the configuration of individual I/O from the VME host.
In addition to function as conventional VME I/O board, the VME-6500 can also be configured to use onboard or external trigger for analog inputs. Analog outputs can be configured to generate arbitrary waveforms.
Digital inputs can be configured to use selectable threshold voltage while digital outputs can be configured as either current source or current sink type of outputs.
The VME-6500 is the first in a new family of VME multifunction I/O boards designed specifically to address the problems caused by the growing constraints on size, weight and power (SWaP) in today's military platforms. As well, data acquisition is becoming an increasingly common requirement in military applications such as radar, image capture and processing and video tracking - the rugged VME-6500 therefore also responds to this requirement to place data acquisition hardware as close as possible to the sensors with its ability to operate over wide temperature ranges and to withstand shock and vibration.
- 8 channels with individual 16-bit ADCs
- Software programmable sample rates, gains, filters, and high voltage and current ranges.
- 8 channels with individual 16-bit DACs
- Software programmable voltage and current ranges
- Provides waveform generation
- 16 channels with multiple voltage and current ranges
- Programmable input thresholds and de-bounce times
- 16 channels with high voltage and current drivers
- Outputs are protected for short circuit, over current, and over temperature conditions
- 64 K word memory
- 6U form factor VME card
- Access modes - all as per VITA 64 X standard
- Self-calibration and Built-in-Test (BIT)
- 1,000 V peak field to VME Bus isolation
- RoHS, CE, UL 60950 compliant
- Sheilded I/O connectors for EMI compliance
- Compatible with Intelligent I/O Controller (IIOC)
- Sheilded cables: 2 and 3 meters in length
- Transition panel