The VME-5588 Reflective Memory interface allows data to be shared between up to 256 independent systems (nodes) at rates up to 29.5 Mbyte/s. Each Reflective Memory board may be configured with 256 Kbyte to 16 Mbyte of on-board SRAM. The local SRAM provides fast Read access times to stored data. Writes are stored in local SRAM and broadcast over a high-speed data path to other Reflective Memory nodes. The transfer of data between nodes is software transparent, so no I/O overhead is required. Transmit and Receive FIFOs buffer data during peak data rates to optimize CPU and bus performance to maintain high data throughput.
- Data transferred at 14.8 Mbyte/s with redundant transfer
- Data transferred at 29.5 Mbyte/s without redundant transfer
- Supports up to 256 nodes
- Up to 1,000 ft between nodes with multimode fiber, 10 km with single mode, 30m with twinax
- Data written to memory in one node is also written to memory in all nodes on the network
- High-speed, easy-to-use network (1.2 Gbaud serially)
- Any node on the network can generate an interrupt in any other node on the network or in all network nodes with a single command