P-SER I/O product is a native PMC form factor interface providing real-time serial input and output with high time-precision reception/input time-stamping, scheduled transmission/output, event triggering and interrupt support. This interface is designed to meet the needs of both the simulations/test and the real-time embedded applications whether in Windows or VxWorks environments. Optionally available on PCI, cPCI and PCI Express backplane carriers, the P-SER products are distributed with an API library and source code, and are compatible with both Windows and VxWorks operating systems.
The P-SER provides software to support the ARINC CSDB protocol that uses standard RS-422 at the physical layer.
- Configurations available which have "balanced" differential transmit capability to support MIL-STD-188-114A balanced type I operation
- IRIG-B input and generator
- Conductively-cooled configurations available
- PCI, cPCI and PCI Express carrier options
- Operation up to 10 MHz
- Flexible transmit command processor supporting message scheduling, delays and triggers
- Advanced API with support for Windows 10 (64-bit), 7, Vista, XP, Linux, VxWorks and Integrity
- Eight avionics-level discrete I/O lines
- 12 independent RS-232/422/485 channels
- CSDB can be configured on any channel
- Large 2 Mbyte buffering shared between channels
- High density serial communications PMC Interface
- Carrier card options available: PCI (-X), 3U cPCI (-3) and PCI Express (-U)