RM931 is a Layer 2/3/4 VME managed switch designed to run in a VME chassis that provides only power. There is no need for a system controller. The RM931 has 12 or 24 ports of 10/100BaseTX Ethernet routed to the rear I/O and one or two fiber gigabit Ethernet ports routed to the front panel.
The powerful management features of the RM931 can be accessed via Web Server, Telnet, SNMP or a local control console via RS232. In addition, an onboard PowerPC® processor, running the Linux® operating system, permits easy and open tools for adding customer and applications specific software.
As standard, the RM931 routes all 24 ports of the10/100BaseTX to the rear I/O. Customers wishing to access these ports via the front panel should select the optional variant, the RM931/3-24FP. There is also an option for a single-slot board, with twelve 10/100BaseTX Ethernet ports, the RM931/3-12.
Another optional feature of the RM931 is a Conformal Coated variant, designed for conformance to mission critical applications. For integration into even more demanding, high integrity applications, customers may select the RM931/M variant which is available with conduction cooling as standard.
- VLAN support 802.1Q-ID tagging
- Multicast and broadcasting
- 802.1w Rapid Spanning Tree algorithm
- 802.1d Spanning Tree algorithm
- Full wire speed on all ports
- RS232 serial port
- MDIX for cross and non-cross cabling detection
- Two 1000BaseSX fiber uplinks
- Optional port routing to the front panel (dual slot)
- 12 or 24 port 10/100BaseTX, rear I/O
- Layer 2/3/4 switching
- Intel 2412 switch fabric
- QoS capable
- SNMP management
- Bandwidth management
- Port setup
- Port statistics
- Port mirroring
- Options include 12 or 24 ports front I/O, 12 or 24 port rear 10/100TX with 2 1000SX ports on front panel