The rugged IPS511 is used primarily for Situational Awareness (SA) systems to generate 360° views while the observer is fully protected. The sub-system is a DC powered video processing unit capable of processing multiple simultaneous analog video inputs to generate a range of different video display configurations for two simultaneous video outputs.
Display configurations range from a single switched input display, to tiled or stitched panoramas from multiple video inputs, with optional overlaid picture-in-picture and symbology display. Additional configurations can be configured that provide a ribbon display of all video inputs simultaneously. The sub-system supports two independent operator displays, where each operator can adjust the direction of view and the magnification within the panorama using a touch screen or other interface device.
- Single contiguous 360° panoramic view from up to 12 analog inputs
- Supports two independent operators
- Remote Ethernet host interface
- Remote calibration
- Symbology overlay
- Motion detection
- Up to 16 Analog video inputs possible
- Rugged DC powered sealed chassis
- Design Approaches Impact GPGPU Implementation
- Addressing the challenges of low latency video system requirements for embedded applications
- Creating Flexible Hardware Systems with FPGA Partial Reconfiguration
- Electronic warfare: an introduction to low latency COTS solutions
- Leveraging FPGAs for Evolving ISR Application Requirements.
- Technologies for responding to rapid developments in cognitive RF and EW
- Enhanced cooling technologies for superior reliability, performance