Designed for use in communications, radar and test and measurement applications in harsh environments, the ICS-8554D combines the best in ADC and DSP technologies to provide the ultimate advantage in size, performance and cost. Ideal applications for the product include military communications, signal intelligence, smart antenna, radar beam forming, wireless test and measurement and satellite ground stations.
The ICS-8554D DC-coupled digital receiver includes four 14-bit ADCs that sample synchronously at frequencies up to 105 MHz, two Graychip GC4016 quad digital down-conversion (DDC) modules for simultaneous down conversion of up to 8 arbitrary signal bands(e.g., 8 FDM signals) and a 3 Mgate Xilinx FPGA, providing a powerful capability for baseband signal processing. It offers two large FIFO buffers decoupled to support simulataneous wide and narrow band operation and a fast PCI 2.2 64-bit, 66 MHz DMA interface.
The ICS-8554D is available in five ruggedization levels conforming to the IEEE 1101.2-1992 standard, including both convection- and conduction-cooled options, and can be used with any suitable type of carrier card that will accept a PMC module, including VME, PCI and CompactPCI types. Level 4 and 5 conduction-cooled versions must be used with an appropriate conduction cooled carrier such as those made by Abaco Systems in VMEbus and CompactPCI formats.
- 4 DC-coupled ADC channels: 14-bits @ 105 MHz
- 2 GrayChip GC4016 DDC ASICs
- 3 Mgate Xilinx Virtex-II FPGA
- 2 MBytes FIFO buffer
- 66 MHz, 64-bit PCI 2.2 DMA interface
- Pn4 user I/O supports LVTTL or LVDS signaling levels
- Internal or external clock and trigger
- Internal sample clock 100 MHz
- >67 dB SNR and >80 dB SFDR
- Multiple board syncrhonization
- Windows, Linux and VxWorks device drivers
- Extensive application and technical support available
- Sensor Processing Resource Center
- Ruggedization Levels
- DRV-8554-WIN, DRV-8554-LX and DRV-8554-VXW - Software device drivers for Windows, Linux and VxWorks operating systems
- HDK-8554 - Hardware Development Kit
- CN-MMCX - Connector for Analog I/O, Clock, Trigger, and Sync (one per I/O)
- TECHNO-5012-F - PMC to PCI Carrier
- SPR418A - PCI Express PMC/XMC Carrier Card
- CBL-1218 - I/O Cables
- Addressing the challenges of low latency video system requirements for embedded applications
- Creating Flexible Hardware Systems with FPGA Partial Reconfiguration
- Electronic warfare: an introduction to low latency COTS solutions
- Leveraging FPGAs for Evolving ISR Application Requirements.
- Metadata Handling in Rugged Embedded Video Compression Systems
- RFSoC for Radar and Electronic Warfare
- Technologies for responding to rapid developments in cognitive RF and EW