Designed for deployment in harsh and benign environments, the ICS-8553 is a rugged conduction-cooled 8-bit digital receiver in XMC/PMC module format. It offers both two and four channel operation with sampling frequencies at 1.5 GHz (four channel) or 3 GHz (two channel) for Software Defined Radio (SDR) applications such as spectrum monitoring, signal intelligence, tactical communications and radar.
The combination of high performance ADC and FPGA resources allows VHF and UHF signals to be digitized and processed directly on the ICS-8553. Algorithms such as digital down conversion, FFT, filtering and time stamping can be developed to execute in the onboard Xilinx Virtex-4 FPGA XC4VFX60, using the included hardware Development Kit (HDK).
- 4 Transformer-coupled analog inputs
- FS < 1.5 GHz 4-channel, or 3 GHz 2-channel (software selectable), 8-bit
- Xilinx Virtex-4 User Programmable FPGA FX60
- TCXO @ 10 MHz
- 8 individual MMCX Coaxial Connectors
- PCI 2.2 64-bit, 66 MHz Master/Target Burst Mode DMA capable
- VITA 42 (XMC) high-speed serial interface (single connector, 8-lanes)
- Pn4 LVDS or LVTTL signal levels
- ANSI/VITA 20-2001 conduction-cooled PMC
- VxWorks, Linux and Windows software drivers
- Sensor Processing Resource Center
- Ruggedization Levels