The ICS-1650 is a 4-channel, high-speed Analog-to-Digital Converter (ADC). Designed for demanding applications such as Software Defined Radio (SDR), diagnostic imaging, radar and signal intelligence, the ICS-1650 leverages leading edge technologies to deliver a powerful and cost-effective signal processing package.
The ICS-1650 features four 12-bit analog input channels capable of simultaneous sampling rates at up to 250 MHz. Higher channel count systems can be assembled by synchronizing up to four cards together. Advanced signal processing power is provided by a user-programmable Xilinx Virtex-5 FPGA SX95T for signal processing. A second Virtex-5 is used for control, thus leaving the first almost entirely free for the implementation of application code. 16 MBytes of QDR II SRAM memory is provided for buffering or scratchpad use, and a PCI Express x4 bus interface maximizes overall system throughput.
The PCI Express interface provides up to 1.25 GBytes/sec net payload data rate. This is sufficient to allow continuous data acquisition at sample rates exceeding 200 MHz on all four channels, but still provides mechanical compatibility with small form factor motherboards, important for users of Micro ATX systems, which usually do not provide x8 or wider auxiliary PCI Express slots.
- 4-channel, 250 MHz 12-bit ADC
- Transformer-coupled inputs
- 50 Ohm input impedance
- Xilinx Virtex-5 SX95T user-programmable FPGA
- 62 dB SINAD, 76 dB SFDR
- PCIe x4 interface, 1.25 GBytes/s
- QDR II SRAM 16 MBytes
- Hardware Development Kit (HDK) included
- Windows and Linux Software Development Kits
- ICS-1650 Press Release
- Sensor Processing Resource Center
- DRV-1650-LX and DRV-1650-WIN - Software device drivers for Linux and Windows operating systems
- HDK-1650 Hardware Development Kit (HDK) for FPGA development by user, including default cores (included with board)
- SPR418A - PCI Express PMC/XMC Carrier Card
- CN-SSMC - Connector for Analog I/O, Clock, Trigger, and Sync (one per I/O)
- CBL-1261 - Analog Input/Output Cable
Request a Quote
Contact an Expert
MES Editor’s Choice Awards