The OpenVPX-compatible GRA111 is the second generation 3U VPX graphics board, employing the NVIDIA GT 240 GPU to bring desktop performance to the rugged Military and Aerospace market. In addition to meeting increased demand for graphics rendering performance, the GRA111 is the first rugged implementation of a CUDA capable GPU.
The VPX form factor allows for high speed PCI Express connections to single board computers in the system. The GRA111 supports the 16-lane PCI Express implementation, providing the maximum available communication bandwidth to a CPU such as Abaco Systems SBC341. The PCI Express link will automatically adapt to the active number of lanes available, and so will work with single board computers in 8- and 4-lane configurations.
With a rich set of I/O, the GRA111 is designed to serve many of the most common video applications. Dual, independent channels mean that it is capable of driving RGB analog component video, digital DVI 1.0, and HDMI standards. In addition, the GRA111’s video input capability allows integration of sensor data using RS170, NTSC or PAL video formats.
NVIDIA CUDA is a general purpose parallel computing architecture that leverages the parallel compute engine in NVIDIA GPUs to solve many computational problems in a fraction of the time required on a CPU. It includes the CUDA Instruction Set Architecture (ISA) and the parallel compute engine of the GPU. Today developers can use C, one of the most widely used high-level programming languages, which can then be run at great performance on a CUDA enabled processor.
The GRA111 is a form, fit and function replacement for the GRA110 which will fit the existing MAGIC1 Rugged Display Computer, providing a fast-to-market solution for small high-performance graphics and GPGPU signal processing applications.
- OpenVPX-compatible 3U VPX NVIDIA GT 240 based Graphics Processing Unit (GPU)
- 96 Processor Cores
- 540 MHz graphics clock
- 1302 MHz processor clock
- Feature support: NVIDIA CUDA technology, OpenCL, OpenGL, NVIDIA PureVideo Technology (PUHD), NVIDIA PhysX-ready, Microsoft DirectX
- 1 GByte DDR3 SDRAM
- Two independent output channels
- VESA output resolutions to 2048x1536
- DVI 1.0 digital video output (single or dual link)
- Air and conduction cooled variants
- VPX REDI
- GPGPU Resource Center
- Automated Target Tracking
- Design Approaches Impact GPGPU Implementation
- Many-Core Processors Report Ready for Duty
- RDMA: The Future of High Speed Fabric Interconnects
- Switched Fabrics Support High-Performance Embedded Computing for Military and Aerospace Platforms
- Classification of objects from video streams white paper
- GStreamer Optimized Multimedia Processing for Audio and Video
- Metadata Handling in Rugged Embedded Video Compression Systems
- Enhanced cooling technologies for superior reliability, performance
- High Performance Embedded Computing and Its Impact on Mil/Aero Applications
- NVIDIA'S Tegra K1: A Game-Changer for Rugged Embedded Computing