The 6U VME FUSION60 uses an advanced image fusion technique developed by Waterfall Solutions and Abaco Systems to combine two input video streams into a single, enhanced video output. This powerful fusion technique can be supported by flexible image pre-processors which can provide noise reduction and contrast enhancement for a range of sensor types including image intensifiers and thermal imagers.
The image alignment module compensates for misalignment of the sensors using a full projective warp and can also deal with common radial lens distortions. The intelligent fusion scheme analyzes incoming video in order to maximize scene detail and contrast in the fused output. This algorithm has been designed especially for a low latency, real-time implementation which is flexible enough to fuse images from a wide range of sensors.
• Multiple algorithm capability including multiple target detection and multiple object track
• Statistical target enhancement pre-processors for high clutter rejection
• Intelligent “Breaklock” and re-acquisition algorithms
• Platform drive filters
• Onboard serial links
• On board PMC interface
• Composite video input / output
• High speed digital video input
• Symbology overlay
• 6U VME card
• PC control software
- Addressing the challenges of low latency video system requirements for embedded applications
- Creating Flexible Hardware Systems with FPGA Partial Reconfiguration
- Electronic warfare: an introduction to low latency COTS solutions
- Leveraging FPGAs for Evolving ISR Application Requirements.
- Technologies for responding to rapid developments in cognitive RF and EW