The FMC163 provides one 12-bit A/D channel at 4Gsps (or dual-channel at 2Gsps) and one 14-bit D/A channel at 5.7Gsps (2.85Gsps direct RF synthesis) clocked by either an internal clock source (optionally locked to an external reference) or an externally supplied sample clock. In addition, a trigger input for customized sampling control is available to users. It is mechanically and electrically compliant with the FMC standard (ANSI/VITA 57.1).
With a high-pin count (HPC) connector, front panel I/O, and able to be used in a conduction-cooled environment, the design is based on Texas Instruments' ADC12D2000RF Analog-to-Digital converter and Analog Devices' AD9129 Digital-to-Analog converter. The analog signals are AC-coupled, connecting to MMCX or SSMC coax connectors on the front panel.
The FMC163 allows flexible control of clock source through serial communication busses.
Furthermore, the card is equipped with power supply and temperature monitoring and offers several power-down modes to switch off unused functions in order to reduce system level power consumption. It is well-suited for low-power applications such as those in aerospace where the highest level of performance is required while ensuring that mission range is not affected.
Board Support Package
Our Board Support Package helps customers get their hardware implementation underway as quickly as possible by providing reference designs, the Stellar IP FPGA development tool, and the 4FM GUI user interface for controlling and monitoring the hardware, as well as other supporting elements.
- A guide to multi-channel synchronization for MIMO systems
- Addressing the challenges of low latency video system requirements for embedded applications
- Electronic warfare: an introduction to low latency COTS solutions
- Hypersonic Flight Raises the Bar for Embedded Electronics
- Leveraging FPGAs for Evolving ISR Application Requirements.
- RFSoC for Radar and Electronic Warfare
- Technologies for responding to rapid developments in cognitive RF and EW
Request a Quote
Contact an Expert