PMC-HS-SERIAL2 is a PMC that provides 4 high-speed asynchronous or synchronous serial channels for space-contrained, high performance commercial and military data communications applications requiring high-speed serial with minimal CPU overhead. The card supports 33/66 MHz PCI operation and 3.3V or 5.0V PCI bus signaling. A maximum data rate of 10 Mb/s is supported for synchronous protocols using an external clock. Up to 2 Mb/s is supported for asynchronous protocols, with popular baud rates of up to 921.6 kbaud available using the standard 14.7456 MHz oscillator in RS-422 interface mode. Each of the 4 channels is fully programmable to support many high-performance serial communications protocols, such as synchronous, monosync, bisync, HDLC, SDLC, LAPD, ISDN, and PPP.
- Front- and rear-panel I/O
- Single-wide 32-bit, 33/66 MHz PMC
- 3.3V or 5.0V PCI bus signaling
- Maximum data rate of 10 Mb/s (synchronous) and 2 Mb/s (asynchronous)
- 4 channels of high-speed serial