The PMC-HS-SERIAL is a single-wide PMC that provides four high-speed asynchronous or synchronous serial channels for space-constrained, high-performance communications applications. A maximum data rate of 10 Mb/s is supported for synchronous protocols using an external clock. Up to 2 Mb/s is supported for asynchronous protocols, with popular baud rates of up to 921.6 Kbaud available using the standard 14.745 MHz oscillator in RS-422 interface mode. Each of the four channels is fully programmable to support many high-performance serial communications protocols, such as synchronous, monosync, bisync, HDLC, SDLC, LAPB, LAPD, ISDN, and PPP.
- RS-232, RS-422, EIA-449, EIA-530, or V.35 interfaces supported
- Asynchronous, monosync, bisync, HDLC, SDLC, LAPB, LAPD, ISDN, and PPP communication protocols supported
- Maximum data rate of 10 Mb/s (synchronous and 2 Mb/s asynchronous)
- Four channels of high-speed serial
- Front- and rear-panel I/O
- RoHS-compliant (Model 11050-201)