PCIE-5565RC is a PCI Express (PCIe) Reflective Memory node card that provides a high-speed, low latency, deterministic interface that allows data to be shared between up to 256 independent systems (nodes) in a Reflective Memory network at rates up to 170MB/s.
Each PCIe Reflective Memory board can be configured with 128 or 256MB of onboard SDRAM. The local SDRAM provides fast Read access times to stored data. Writes are stored in local SDRAM and broadcast over a high-speed fiber-optic data path to other Reflective Memory nodes. The transfer of data between nodes is software transparent, so not I/O overhead is required. Transmit and Receive FIFOs buffer data during peak data rates to optimize the host computer and bus performance to maintain high data throughput. Reflective Memory is an optical ring-based ultra high-speed shared memory network solution.
It allows a distributed network to share real-time data at a deterministic rate, regardless of bus structure and operating systems. Reflective Memory node cards are available in a variety of form factors, including PCI Express, PMC, PCI and VME.
- Error management and detection protects against data loss
- Up to 170 MB/s sustained data rate
- Deterministic transfer rate with only 450-500 nanoseconds of latency between nodes
- Supports dynamic packet sizes ranging from 4 to 64 bytes
- 2.12 Gbaud serial connection speed
- Supports interrupt transfers
- 128 or 256MB SDRAM
- RoHS compliant
Software & Drivers
- Reflective Memory OPC Server Software (Win 7)
- RFM2g Linux 32/64-bit PCIE/PCI/PMC driver for x86 kernels R09.00
- RFM2g VxWorks PCIE/PCI/PMC Legacy Driver for Intel x86/PowerPC R7.01
- RFM2G VxWorks PCIE/PCI/PMC SMP driver for Intel x86 PowerPC R09.01
- RFM2g Windows 7/XP/Vista/Server 2008/Server 2003 32/64-bit PCIE/PCI/PMC driver for x86 R08.01