PCI-5579 Reflective Memory - interface allows data to be shared between up to 256 independent systems (nodes) at rates up to 13.4 Mbyte/s. Each Reflective Memory board may be configured with 32 or 64 Mbyte of on-board RAM. The local RAM provides fast Read access times to stored data. Writes are stored in local RAM and broadcast over a high-speed fiber-optic data path to other Reflective Memory nodes. The transfer of data between nodes is software transparent, so no I/O overhead is required. Transmit and Receive FIFOs buffer data during peak data rates to optimize CPU and bus performance to maintain high data throughput.
- Data transferred at 6.7 Mbyte/s with redundant transfer
- Data transferred at 13.4 Mbyte/s without redundant transfer
- Up to 1,000 m between nodes and up to 256 nodes
- Data written to memory in one node is also written to memory in all nodes on the network
- 13.4 Mbyte/s Fiber-Optic Reflective Memory
- with Interrupts
- High-speed, easy-to-use fiber-optic network (270 Mbaud serially)