PCI-5576 Reflective Memory interface - allows data to be shared between up to 256 independent systems (nodes) at rates up to 6.2 Mbyte/s. Each Reflective Memory board may be configured with 256 Kbyte to 1 Mbyte of on-board SDRAM. The local SRAM provides fast Read access times to stored data. Writes are stored in local SDRAM and broadcast over a high-speed fiber-optic data path to other Reflective Memory nodes. The transfer of data between nodes is software transparent, so no I/O overhead is required. Transmit and Receive FIFOs buffer data during peak data rates to optimize CPU and bus performance to maintain high data throughput.
- Error detection
- Any node on the network can generate an interrupt in any other node on the network or in all network nodes with a single command
- Data transferred at 3.2 Mbyte/s with redundant transfer
- Data transferred at 6.2 Mbyte/s without redundant transfer
- Up to 2,000 m between nodes and up to 256 nodes
- Data written to memory in one node is also written to memory in all nodes on the network
- High-speed, easy-to-use fiber-optic network (170 Mbaud serially)