The NETernity RM983RC is a Managed Layer-2 Gigabit Ethernet embedded switch offering full L2 wire speed switching and routing. The switch is available with 12 or 24 ports routed to front I/O. Switch configuration and management are provided by the exclusive OpenWare Lite switch management environment. Configuration options include port number, interface type and media, front panels, and conformal coating.
Designed to meet the needs of a wide range of applications such as commercial, industrial and government systems, the 6U VME form factor RM983RC facilitates communication within a chassis as well as supporting the network outside the chassis.
All 12 or 24 ports are routed to front panel I/O and can be 10BaseT, 100BaseTX and 1000BaseT, 1000BaseSX, or 1000BaseLX. Mixing and matching of fiber and copper media in groups of four is supported. Scanbe front panel and polyurethane or acrylic conformal coatings are optional.
Switch fabric features include:
- Layer-2 (L2) packet switching support.
- Support for up to 4094 VLANs
- Multiple Spanning Tree Protocol (MSTP)
- Port Mirroring
- Trunking or manual link aggregation
- SNMP support
- 12 or 24 port Gigabit Ethernet switch
- Managed Layer-2 solution
- 6U VME form factor
- All ports routed to front I/O
- Control and monitoring capabilities via local or remote access
- On-board management processor
- L-2 switching at wire speed
- Ports can be 10BaseT, 100BaseTX and 1000BaseT, 1000BaseSX, 1000BaseLX, or a combination of copper and fiber interfaces in groups of 4 ports
- OpenWare Lite switch management firmware
- RoHS compliant
- NETernity RM983RC Press Release
- Ethernet/Lan Resource Center