NETernity RM982RC is a 6U VME 12- or 24-port Managed Layer-2 Gigabit Ethernet embedded switch. It offers full L2 wire speed switching and routing. Switch configuration and management are provided by the exclusive OpenWare Lite switch management environment. The RM982RC has 12 or 24 10/100/1000BaseT ports routed to rear I/O. Versions of the switch are available with 22 10BaseT, 100BaseTX and 1000BaseT ports routed to the rear and two Gigabit Ethernet ports routed to the front. Front ports can be 10BaseT, 100BaseTX and 1000BaseT, 1000BaseSX or 1000BaseLX. Polyurethane or acrylic conformal coating is optional. The switch fabric supports L2 packet switching with packets categorized by the MAC address. Virtual LANs (VLANs) are supported as is Multiple Spanning Tree Protocol (MSTP), Port Mirroring, trunking or manual link aggregation, and SNMP. OpenWare™ Lite, available exclusively on selected NETernity Managed Layer-2 switches, provides switch management and configuration functionality. Configuration and monitoring functions are accessible from a serial console or via a network. Supported access methods include Telnet, SSH, and SNMP.
- Supports full or half duplex
- RoHS compliant
- Supports Jumbo frames
- 10BaseT, 100BaseTX and 1000BaseT auto-negotiation
- Auto MDI/MDIX support
- Auto address aging
- Auto address learning
- 12 or 24 rear I/O 10BaseT, 100BaseTX and 1000BaseT ports, or 22 rear 10BaseT, 100BaseTX and 1000BaseT ports + two GbE ports routed to front
- OpenWare Lite switch management environment
- On-board management processor
- L-2 switching at wire speed
- Control and monitoring capabilities via local or remote access
- Managed Layer-2 solution
- 6U single slot VME form factor
- 12- or 24-port GbE switch
- Ethernet/Lan Resource Center
TRRM922RC 24-port rear transition module; TRRM922RC-12 12-port rear transition module; TRRM922RC-22 22-port rear transition module
Request a Quote
Contact an Expert
Can’t find what you’re looking for? Need help?
Head on over to our support pages, where you’ll find key contacts, how to obtain documentation, information on warranty and repairs, contract samples, details of our Product Lifecycle Management and Configuration Management programs – and much more.