NETernity™ PMC941FX is a fully integrated unmanaged PMC Ethernet switch with four front panel 100BaseFX ports and four 10/100BaseTX ports routed to rear I/O plus 1 on-board NIC. It is designed to support the low-cost requirements of unmanaged switch applications and converging networks. The QoS technology allows low cost unmanaged switches to carry voice and data traffic without having to compromise the quality of its voice traffic by using the packet prioritization scheme. Packets are prioritized based upon their Layer 2 VLAN priority tag or the Layer 3 Type-Of-Service / Differentiated Services (TOS/DS) field. This priority can be defined as transmit and/or drop priority. In addition, card edge PCI systems can be accommodated using our PMC239 adapter for rapid prototype and development.
This product is no longer recommended for new designs.
- Up to 8 port-based VLANs
- Provides both Full/Half duplex ports
- Flow Control capabilities including back pressure for half-duplex and 802.3x flow control for full-duplex
- Enables mixed voice-data networks
- Provides port-based prioritization of packets on 4 ports
- Auto address learning
- Auto address aging leading edge QoS capabilities, based on 802.1p, and IP TOS/DS field
- 1k MAC address table
- Full wire speed
- Eight 10/100Mbps auto-negotiating
- NIC is connected to the switch at 100 Mbit full duplex
- Onboard NIC at 100Mbit full duplex
- Unmanaged Layer 2 switch
- 4 front accessible 100BaseFX ports and 4 10/100BaseTX ports routed to rear I/O