MFIO-C6 is a multi-function I/O card in 6U CompactPCI form factor. This single slot solution offers broad I/O functionality that can be selectively mapped for individual requirements.
At the heart of the MFIO-C6 is a high-performance, low-power MPC8270 PowerQUICC II processor which supports integral BIT diagnostics, initializes interfaces and then manages I/O through a shared memory scheme in order to reduce host processor loading.
The concept of a network-attached I/O device is supported by the provision of two 10/100BaseT Ethernet interfaces, while serial ports allow connection to external peripherals and serial attached transducers. Discrete interfaces enable direct connection to real-world devices.
MFIO-C6 supports CompactPCI hot-swap mechanisms and provides a number of system-level functions such as an elapsed time indicatior, real-time clock, temperature sensor and a three-axis accelerometer that can be used as part of a "tamper detect" function. The architecture is also easily extendable to include alternate or additional I/O functions.
- 3-axis accelerometer
- 6 serial ports
- 2 10/100BaseT Ethernet interfaces
- 2 LVDS input ports
- 5 LVDS output ports
- 48 LVTTL I/O channels
- 7 open collector 250mA outputs
- 8 analog inputs
- 6U CompactPCI form factor
- MPC8270 PowerQUICC II processor
- 240 bytes of instant erase SRAM
- VxWorks driver and BIT
- Also available in rugged, extended temperature and conduction cooled versions
- BIT on MFIO Software Reference Manual
- BIT V4 User Guide
- CP1A Hardware Reference Manual
- CPCI6UX601 Installation Guide
- I/O Modules Hardware Reference Manual
- MFIO Hardware Reference Manual
- PMC Installation Guide
- VxWorks Driver for MFIO Manual
- Workbench/Platforms/VxWorks PCI PQ2 Core Support Library Software Reference Manual
- Workbench/Platforms/VxWorks PCI PQ2 Serial Communications Drivers Software Reference Manual
- IOWorks Data Server and PC-Based Controller Package Installation Guide
Request a Quote
Contact an Expert