The FMC410 is an optical transceiver module in the FMC form factor that offers ten independent optical transmit and receive links with maximum data rates of either 6.25Gbps or 10Gbps.
This COTS card provides high-speed optical input and output for telecommunications, data networking, data storage, and ultra-high definition video applications.
The FMC410 can also be used as a dual 10Gb or dual 40Gb Ethernet port.
The design is based on Avago Technologies' AFBR-776BEHZ / AFBR-810BEHZ optical transmitters and AFBR-786BEHZ / AFBR-820BEHZ optical receivers.
The FMC410 offers a programmable reference clock that is controlled through serial I2C communication. It has a high-pin count (HPC) connector and six bidirectional front panel I/Os.
The card is also equipped with power supply and temperature monitoring and can be used in a conduction-cooled environment.
The FMC410 is electrically and mechanically compliant with the FMC standard (ANSI/VITA 57.1) except for its height. This daughter card is 3.4 mm higher than the maximum component height of 9.5 mm specified by the FMC standard. It is therefore equipped with a connector that provides a stacking height of 13.5 mm instead of the standard 10 mm. The card can still be used without issues on many FPGA carrier cards and FPGA development platforms.
Board Support Package
Our Board Support Package helps customers get their hardware implementation underway as quickly as possible by providing reference designs, the Stellar IP FPGA development tool, and the 4FM GUI user interface for controlling and monitoring the hardware, as well as other supporting elements.
- A guide to multi-channel synchronization for MIMO systems
- Addressing the challenges of low latency video system requirements for embedded applications
- Electronic warfare: an introduction to low latency COTS solutions
- Hypersonic Flight Raises the Bar for Embedded Electronics
- Leveraging FPGAs for Evolving ISR Application Requirements.
- RFSoC for Radar and Electronic Warfare
- Selecting the Optimal DSP Solution for EW Applications
- Technologies for responding to rapid developments in cognitive RF and EW
Request a Quote
Contact an Expert