The VPX167 is a 3U VPX system designed to be deployed in a large number of pod types. With up to 7 slots that comply with the VPX standard (VITA 46), the VPX167 offers a high performance and modular architecture in a small and ruggedized form factor suitable for the most demanding Electronic Warfare applications.
A single board computer (SBC) will typically act as the control and communication hub and connect to multiple peripheral cards. Subsystems with the following components and capabilities are possible:
- RF down and up conversion
- Switched filter banks
- FPGA and DSP capabilities
The slim, light-weight and yet extremely powerful system is made possible thanks to advances in the miniaturization of high end digitizers, waveform generators and associated processing units that can be reconfigured to fit the demands of specific missions. With a flexible architecture that relies on commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) modules, the VPX167 cuts down integration time and ensures determinism when there is no margin for error. The VPX167 can host a variety of COTS-based systems that are a combination of custom RF systems, COTS processing cards and custom, reconfigurable firmware.
Board Support Package
Our Board Support Package helps customers get their hardware implementation underway as quickly as possible by providing reference designs, the Stellar IP FPGA development tool, and the 4FM GUI user interface for controlling and monitoring the hardware, as well as other supporting elements.
- Game-Changing Technologies in Electronic Warfare
- A guide to multi-channel synchronization for MIMO systems
- Addressing the challenges of low latency video system requirements for embedded applications
- Creating Flexible Hardware Systems with FPGA Partial Reconfiguration
- Electronic warfare: an introduction to low latency COTS solutions
- Hypersonic Flight Raises the Bar for Embedded Electronics
- Leveraging FPGAs for Evolving ISR Application Requirements.
- Selecting the Optimal DSP Solution for EW Applications
- Technologies for responding to rapid developments in cognitive RF and EW