The VP831 is a 3U VPX high-performance FPGA processing board featuring Xilinx® Virtex UltraScale+™ and Zynq® UltraScale+™ technology. A technology upgrade from the existing VP889 product aligned with the Sensor Open Systems Architecture™ (SOSA) technical standard, it is designed for the most demanding, mission critical military/defense and commercial applications such as communications, sensor processing, radar, and electronic warfare just to name a few.
The Zynq UltraScale+ multiprocessor system-on-chip (MPSoC) brings advanced security to the forefront. The VP831 is capable of advanced encrypted bit streams and secure boot capability, enabled by Xilinx tools. This makes it an ideal tool for applications where IP security is a top concern.
Heterogeneous Processing Capability
Many RF and signal processing systems require both a streaming DSP with an FPGA and a general-purpose processor for decisions and control. Traditionally, these processing requirements were handled by separate processing cards.
With the VP831, both functions in a single module are available by leveraging application and real-time processing ARM cores of the Zynq UltraScale+ MPSoC. Including the Zynq UltraScale+ MPSoC removes the need for a single board computer in some applications, providing customers an efficient way to maximize system performance while reducing complexity.
Flexibility You Need for the System You Want
The VITA 57.4-compliant FMC+ site allows users to take advantage of Abaco’s industry-leading FMC I/O portfolio. Modular I/O built on an FMC+ standard interface enables engineers to easily upgrade to future technology without a complete system redesign. Availability of both low-latency LVDS data bus and JESD204B/C high-speed serial interface makes the VP831 a versatile solution for many RF data acquisition applications.
- A guide to multi-channel synchronization for MIMO systems
- Addressing the challenges of low latency video system requirements for embedded applications
- Creating Flexible Hardware Systems with FPGA Partial Reconfiguration
- Electronic warfare: an introduction to low latency COTS solutions
- Hypersonic Flight Raises the Bar for Embedded Electronics
- Leveraging FPGAs for Evolving ISR Application Requirements.
- Selecting the Optimal DSP Solution for EW Applications
- Technologies for responding to rapid developments in cognitive RF and EW
Request a Quote
Contact an Expert
Digital Signal Processing
Build an electronic warfare solution from the largest FMC portfolio on the market and leading edge DSP boards that are modular, minimize latency and come with built in security features—all built on open standards.