Abaco Systems' QPCX-1553 provides new levels of performance and flexibility for MIL-STD-1553A/B Notice II for PCI backplane form factors. Now faster, the QPCX also draws less power in a smaller board footprint.
Available in commercial and ruggedized versions with one, two or four dual-redundant channels, the QPCX-1553 includes an abstract API (Application Programming Interface) software that reduces application development time.
Standard features include 1 Mbyte of RAM per channel, 64-bit, 25 nanosecond message time-tagging, triggers, extensive BC & RT link-list structures, error injection/detection, automatic/manual RT Status Bit, Mode Code responses, advanced BC functionality, IRIG-B signal Receiver/Generator, on-board Test Bus, UUT transformer connection, 1760 startup time with Busy bit set and hardwired RT address lines. With the highest speed encoder/decoder in the industry, the QPCX-1553 Bus Monitor provides unparalleled error detection and 100% monitoring of fully loaded buses.
The Abaco Systems MIL-STD-1553 product line is significantly enhanced to meet the varying requirements of end users. The internal MIL-STD-1553 Local Processing Unit (LPU) has undergone a major update to improve and expand performance, functionality and modularity.
The LPU version is 4.XX or 5.XX (V4/V5) on legacy firmware and version 6.XX (V6) on the new enhanced firmware. In addition to these LPU improvements, multiple other changes were added to enhance firmware and software modularity across multiple platforms.
V6 firmware is highly recommended for all new developments. Previous V4/V5 firmware has been deprecated and will no longer be actively developed but will continue to be supported. Any future 1553 product features or enhancements will only be developed for the V6 firmware.
Using V6 firmware will require updating to BusTools/1553-API version 8.x or later.
- High-level API for Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10, Vista, XP, Server 2012 R1/R2, Linux, Solaris, QNX, included
- Multi-function and dual-function
- Simultaneous Bus Controller, 31 Remote Terminals and Bus Monitor
- Less Power draw and smaller footprint
- 1, 2, or 4 dual-redundant MIL-STD-1553 A/B Notice II channels
- Supports 66 MHz
- AN-005 Connecting 1553 App Note
- AN-007 1553A Protocol Applications
- AN-011 Using the BusTools/1553-API with Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003
- AN-012 Using the BusTools/1553-API with Microsoft Visual C++ 2005
- AN-013 Moving from SBS to Abaco 1553 Products
- AN-020 Transitioning to UCA32 Firmware
- Bustools/1553-API Release Notes 6.44
- AN-15 BusTools/1553-API and Core API Software Comparison
- BusTools/1553-API Integrity Installation Guide
- BusTools/1553-API Linux Installation Guide v8.24
- BusTools/1553-API Linux Platform Support v8.24
- BusTools/1553-API LynxOS 4 x86 Support
- BusTools/1553-API QNX Installation Guide
- BusTools/1553-API Solaris Installation Guide
- BusTools1553-API Reference Manual
- BusTools1553-API User Manual
- BusTools1553-API VxWorks User Manual
- MIL-STD-1553 Hardware Installation and Reference Manual
- Mil-Std-1553 UCA Reference Manual
- UCA32 Global Reg Ref Manual
- UCA32 LPU Reference Manual
Software & Drivers
- BusTools/1553-API Linux Installation v8.24
- BusTools/1553-API LynxOS 4 x86 Installation 8.22
- BusTools/1553-API QNX Installation 6.44
- BusTools/1553-API QNX Installation 8.08
- BusTools/1553-API Solaris SPARC Installation 6.32
- BusTools/1553-API Solaris x86 Installation 6.44
- BusTools/1553-API Solaris x86 Installation 8.08
- BusTools/1553-API Windows and VxWorks Installation 6.44
- BusTools/1553-API Windows Installation v8.24
- BusTools1553-API VxWorks Distribution v8.22
- CEI Probe v4.90
Request a Quote
Contact an Expert